Eventually, you may want to contact technical support to repair something. Possibly one morning you receive nowhere screen of dying, or buying one of individuals frightening error messages in your screen. Or you attempt to turn your pc on and…nothing. Possibly it isn’t your pc whatsoever, but your site is completely lower and make that decision for your web design service or website hosting company.
I have been in each side of this panicky call and you will find 7 steps you can take to be able to help to make that technical support call somewhat less demanding:
1. Don’t panic- This really is simpler stated so now when you are computer’s around the blink and you are looking lower the barrel of the deadline. But things is going to be less demanding if you do not panic. Odds are the issue is not as bad (or costly) while you think.
2. Look into the apparent before you decide to call- Among the first stuff that your tech person may have you need to do would be to look for apparent reasons for trouble. Like is the computer connected? Or perhaps is the surge protector your computer’s connected is switched on? Are all the cables appearing out of your pc connected tight? Or are entering passwords in properly? Or have you got the “CAPS lock” key on while you are entering passwords? They’ve you take through this drill because many occasions the straightforward stuff may be the problem. So tell you a few of the apparent reasons for trouble before you decide to get the telephone.
3. Get prepared- For those who have any warranties or service contracts collect all individuals materials before you decide to call. You will save a little time just in situation your tech person demands these details. You may even require the serial number for the computer. These are typically found on a sticker put on the rear, bottom, or side of the computer or they come in your pc registration documents.
4. Be as specific as you possibly can- Simply saying “My computer’s no longer working” isn’t that useful. Technical support already assumes that the computer is not working since you wouldn’t call simply to say hi. What they desire to understand is “in what manner is the computer no longer working?”. You have to be as specific as you possibly can. Will your pc not start whatsoever? May be the problem that you could turn the pc on however it will not go beyond the startup screen? Possibly you will get beyond the startup screen however, you can’t open a specific program? Describe your condition from beginning to end that which you used to do whenever you experienced your condition, what your pc does, and should there be any special situations that appear to coincide using the problem.
5. Write lower error messages- Usually when something goes completely wrong, you will get some type of error message that attempts to let you know what the issue is. If you cannot make heads or tails from the message, take time to write it lower. It might mean something towards the tech person you are speaking to also it may help them identify the issue just a little faster.
6. Write down any recent changes or occurrences- Sometimes the reason for your pc the issue here is something that’s altered on your pc or some incident which has happened lately for example:
adding new hardware (printer, scanner, hard disk, memory, etc)
the addition or deletion of software
an electrical disruption or power surge
adding deletion of the service
software upgrades or security patches
Sometimes changes such as this may cause some unforeseen issues with other activities that might or might not appear to become associated with your condition. When you are speaking for your tech person, make sure they are conscious of any changes or additions you’ve made before you decide to began getting problems. They’ll have the ability to let you know if these changes are based on your trouble.
7. Keep notes- Lots of occasions a phone call towards the support department means that you will be spending considerable time on the telephone being sent in one person to a different. Keep notes on whom you speak with, whenever you spoken for them, and just what they have completed to help identify the issue. In the event that you need to keep calling the support department or if you need to a repair person fix your pc personally, these notes will be handy.